For those companies that have successfully developed a lead qualification team, the bad news is that’s only half the battle. Now you have to make sure you can manage it effectively.
Luckily, OpenView Venture Partners Senior Associate Devon McDonald highlights the following eight key elements that require the most focus from sales managers in this short video.
- Meetings: Scheduling weekly group retrospectives as well as weekly 1-on-1’s with reps is key to developing a constant understanding of what’s going well, what’s not, and what improvements can be made.
- Verticals: Managers need to understand and select the best buyer personas their reps should be selling to.
- Asset Creation: The manager needs to work with the marketing team to develop conversation guides, email templates, lists of objections and rebuttals — everything the sales team needs to be successful when speaking with any particular buyer persona.
- Call Shadowing: Managers should take time to be on the floor to listen to what the team is saying on calls.
- Inter-team Communication: Are appointments lead qualifiers hand off to sales reps being followed up on? The connection between the two teams needs to be fluid.
- Reporting: Managers will be required to report accurate progress and results to executives.
- Analysis and CRM Compliance: Managers need to look at conversions and make sure that all leads are going from point A to point B.
- Motivation: Sales reps need to be hungry in order to get the job done.