This is a part of a series that was created to help you get the practice of corporate blogging built into your company. This series will walk through the process, necessary roles, in addition to guides for each role to help your company get started quickly. The following several posts make up a quick start guide for the blogging administrator.
When evaluating blogging platforms, you’ll have to consider:
- Your budget
- The level of control that you are comfortable with (hosted vs. non-hosted)
- How you want the blog to look
- The level of support that you and your bloggers might need.
You’ll also need to consider your own level of expertise and how much time you’re going to have to manage the blogging initiative. If the answers are “minimal,” you might need a more hands-on platform/service provider.
Resources for selecting the best blogging platform:
Different platform options:
- Compendium Blogware
- Using Blogger as Your Blogging Platform
- Choosing TypePad as Your Blogging Platform
- Choosing WordPress.org as Your Blogging Platform
- Choosing Movable Type as Your Blogging Platform
Next week I’ll post the method of crafting your target audience personas.