Ahh… the glorious 2010 calendar. Christmas on a Saturday. New Years on a Saturday. Fabulous. That means fewer firm-wide vacation days and more time in the office for working stiffs like you and me.
This week in particular is a great time to write some end of year blog posts or blog posts scheduled for 2011.
Here are 10 topics to consider:
- Year in Review — the highs and the lows for your industry.
- Predictions for 2011 — What will be big, what will fade out?
- Funny story about the holidays with your family/friends that is relatable to a business practice (pictures will give your blog some personality)
- What you couldn’t live without in 2010 (product, service, person, etc.)
- Business New Years Resolutions — what are you NOT going to do in 2011?
- Your Best 3 Blog posts of 2010 — give a link with a 1-2 line summary as a teaser.
- Who are the top 3 influencers in your space you enjoyed following in 2010 — what did they produce and what about these people make them so influential?
- Best books of 2010 — what new publications are on your list and why?
- A tribute to your best customer – Who are they? How have they used/applied your product/services, and why are you so pleased with them?
- A tribute to an outstanding colleague(s) — Who has made your life easier this year? What have they done that is outstanding at your expansion stage company? Who would you like to give thanks to?
OpenView Venture Partner’s Blog Boss,