This is a part of a series that was created to help you get the practice of outbound prospecting built into your company. This series will walk through the process, necessary roles, in addition to guides for each role to help your company get started quickly.
Use the following checklist to ensure that this effort will have the greatest probability of success.
The CEO and executive team should ensure that all items are checked off and the outbound prospecting manager should ensure that the CEO and executive team is following through on the checklist.
- We have discussed, prioritized, and approved this effort as a corporate initiative.
- We have set quantitative goals for this effort.
- We have hired or promoted an outbound prospecting manager who is committed to the goals.
- We have hired a team of business development representatives and they are committed to their daily/weekly/quarterly KPIs.
- We have communicated the importance of this initiative to the entire sales and marketing organization(s), and have made clear that it is an important priority.
- The outbound prospecting team has developed an appropriate work plan, and we have approved the resources that will be necessary to execute the plan.
- The outbound prospecting manager will be reporting the results to us weekly and quarterly and we know what to expect.
- We will adjust the communication and the goals based on the results from the effort.
Next week, I’ll provide guidelines for the CEO when hiring an outbound prospecting manager.