This is a part of a series that was created to help you get the practice of corporate blogging built into your company. This series will walk through the process, necessary roles, in addition to guides for each role to help your company get started quickly.
Use the following checklist to ensure that this effort will have the greatest probability of success.
The executive team should ensure that all items are checked off and the blogging administrator should ensure that the executive team is following through on the checklist.
- We have discussed, prioritized, and approved this effort as a corporate initiative.
- We have set quantitative goals for this effort.
- We have communicated the importance of this initiative to our employees and have made it clear that blogging is a corporate priority.
- Employees who will be blogging understand that blogging is now a part of their performance goals.
- We have assigned a blogging administrator who is committed to the goals.
- The blogging administrator has developed an appropriate plan and we have approved the resources that will be necessary to execute the plan.
- The blogging administrator has set up the blogging platform and the training program and is ready to train the bloggers.
- The blogging administrator will report the results to us each quarter.
- We will adjust the communication and the goals based on the results from the effort.
Next week I’ll post a checklist for the blogging administrator that will help your team get the most out of their blogging experience.