This is a part of a series that was created to help you get the practice of outbound prospecting built into your company. This series will walk through the process, necessary roles, in addition to guides for each role to help your company get started quickly.
Metrics are extremely helpful for accurately setting measurable goals of the effort as well as helping to track performance and gain insights that will help you improve your prospecting efforts.
The metrics for prospecting fall under two simple categories:
1. Prospecting activity metrics, which measure the inputs to your prospecting efforts, such as
- The number of calls completed on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- The number of activities completed on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- The number of conversations completed on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
2. Conversion metrics, which measure the number of leads converted to opportunities, such as:
- The number of qualified leads generated daily/weekly
- The number of qualified opportunities generated daily/weekly
- Conversion rates
- Prospect to qualified lead
- Qualified lead to opportunity
- Opportunity to close
Next week I’ll showcase some of the most common challenges with outbound prospecting.