Find out what he learned and start laying the foundations for your own sales team’s success.
5 Tips for Scaling Your Sales Organization
- Hire the best people you can find and afford. Keep training them and enabling them, there is always room for improvement.
- Motivate your team. Of course reps are going to be coin-operated, but your leadership needs to challenge and reward them beyond that.
- Retention is the key to consistency. If you can minimize staffing churn you’ll be much better positioned to develop repeatable best practices and bake them into your system.
- Run the business by the numbers. You need to have a select number of metrics you look to on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis. They are what should guide you and tell you when things are working and when they’re not.
- Build a solid culture. This applies to both your company and to your sales team, specifically. Your team should have a distinct identity that you can rally around to go out and close deals.
Image by Kenny Louie